Over 2500 SCA alumni responded to our recent survey. Here’s a brief summary of the results. We’ll have more detailed results tallied and posted on the website soon.
In the past three years (or since SCA service), SCA alumni have:
- talked about their SCA experience – 75%
- volunteered within their community or with a non-profit organization – 69%
- have contributed to a charity or cause – 66%
- have engaged in conservation service – 62%
- mentored a young person – 36%
Over 50% of alumni respondents have worked, or are currently working, in a conservation field.
Almost 50% agree that their SCA experience has influenced their career or educational choice in conservation.
We weren’t surprised to learn that the majority work for the government – 22%, while 18% are students and 16% work in educational institutions. Another 14% are in the business world with 12% working at non-profit organizations.