Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Midwest Regional Vice President in our Business Development department based out of our Chicago, IL Office.
The Midwest Regional Vice President maintains overall responsibility for establishing, maintaining and supporting SCA’s national business strategies in the Midwest region of the US, including building and retaining program business, cultivating and increasing philanthropic giving, Placing SCA as a leader in conservation, Engaging and inspiring key SCA constituencies.
Lead the development of new funding for programming, and strengthening key existing program partnerships in the region including:
- Create and implement the region’s annual operating and financial plan towards measurable goals – in coordination with SVP Business development.
- Identify opportunities to advance and grow SCA’s mission within the region by expanding existing programs and developing new programs, partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Implement partnership activities, objectives and strategies within the region in collaboration with national Partnership Development, Advancement and Program staff to support and expand national programming.
- Lead, supervise and develop Partnership Development assigned staff in the region.
- Solicit and cultivate new federal, state and private partnerships.
- Represent SCA at the highest levels with partners agencies and other current and potential partners within the region.
- Work closely with other key SCA staff and utilize them as resources to achieve plans within the region.
- Generate fee-for-service revenue through regional retention efforts and by working with new customers in support of SCA’s financial and program goals.
- Ensure strong working relationships with partners.
- Ensure financial commitments made in the budget and planning processes are met; any expected variances from plan must be communicated timely.
- Identify innovative new business ideas and opportunities, and incubate them within the region or with the Program Innovation function at SCA.
- Work cooperatively with the foundation advancement staff within the region to ensure programmatic priorities are adequately funded and that SCA is seen as a leader within the Midwest foundation community
- working closely with national staff in developing and implementing strategies to raise money from leadership donors to fund specific programming and meet unrestricted funding requirements from foundations and individuals
- Awareness and Positioning of SCA:
- Lead efforts in the region to ensure SCA is known by key strategic audiences including the land management, funding, conservation and governmental communities
- Staff Supervision, Support and Development:
- Supervise, support and provide professional development to regional staff, and indirectly supporting certain national staff that reside at their location
- Bachelor’s degree plus significant additional coursework, seminars or similar activities.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including coordinating mission-critical, customer focused activities, a history of business development success, experience in leading teams towards goals, and in representing organizations to external audiences.
- Strong understanding of solution and consultative sales practices – must be a closer and show evidence of past success in this area
- Understanding of and experience using database systems; Salesforce CRM system preferred.
- Strength in managing, planning, budgeting, fund raising, marketing, sales, and communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including both the ability to work closely with a broad range of staff, including executive level, and with customers.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software. Strong experience in using electronic communication tools.
- Experience in a non-profit environment desired.
- Ability/willingness to travel – at least 33% of position requires regional travel.
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Health and Dental - Basic Life Insurance - Short Term Disability - Long Term Disability - Flexible Spending Account - 403(b) Savings Plan - Generous Paid Time Off - Community Service Leave - Casual Dress
Please send cover letter and resume to hiring@theSCA.org referencing Midwest Regional Vice President in the subject line
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org