In honor of the Points of Light Conference on Volunteering and Service and the Student Conservation Association’s Founders Day, hundreds of volunteers are coming together to show our appreciation for America’s treasures through a day of service.
Join SCA, Points of Light and the National Park Service for a morning of hands-on service in America’s own front yard: the National Mall in DC.
Volunteers will gather at the World War II Memorial site in the morning to kick off the day of service. From there volunteers will disperse in small SCA youth-led groups to complete various service projects at sites throughout the National Mall. Some shuttles will be provided for sites outside of walking distance. The afternoon will culminate with a catered lunch at the private reception lawn south of the Korean War Memorial on Ohio Drive.
Join SCA, Points of Light and other partners to demonstrate what hands-on service truly means to our parks and local communities. You too can help serve the planet through service.
- When: Saturday June 22nd 8:00am-1:00pm. Registration will start at 7:00am so please plan to arrive early.
- Where: Washington DC National Mall Memorial Parks. Volunteers should meet at the entrance to the World War II Memorial on Independence Ave and 17th Street SW.
- What: Project sites will include Constitution Gardens, Haines Point, the Lincoln Reﬂecting Pool, Jefferson Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr Memorial, Korean War Memorial, FDR Memorial sites, Washington Monument Grounds and several more. Projects will include landscaping, wedding and pruning, trash clean-up, painting and bench repair. Gloves and lunch will be provided.
- What to Bring: Please wear long pants and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Gloves, sunscreen and lunch will be provided. Be sure to bring a water bottle as well!
- RSVP: Register online now!
- Questions: Please email SCA Service Events Manager Lori Robertson or call 703-524-2441
Metro Directions: Take the Orange Line to Smithsonian Metro Stop. Head west on Independence Ave SW toward 14th Street until you reach the WW2 Memorial site. Event registration will be set up on Independence Ave near the entrance to the Memorial.