Join SCA Washington DC and the Montgomery County Department of Parks as we get our hands dirty helping to conserve our local community. We will be helped by a local Boy Scout Troup as we work on general trail maintenance at the Blockhouse Point Conservation Park.
- When: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 8:00 am–1:00 pm (Project runs from 9:00 am–12:00 pm, SCA will meet participants at the Tenleytown Metro station at 8:00 am and return them there after lunch. Lunch, provided by SCA, after project completion)
- Where: Meet at Tenleytown Metro station; project is at Blockhouse Point Conservation Park
- What: General trail maintenance along the park trails
- Bring with you: Water bottle, sunscreen, rain gear if needed (event will happen rain or shine)
- Provided: Tools, gloves and project materials, and lunch!
- Register to attend!
- Volunteers should wear long pants and closed toe shoes.
- No sleeveless shirts permitted
- Please be prepared to work rain or shine
- SCA will take volunteers to the work site from the Tenleytown Metro and drop them off at the same Metro station after lunch (around 1:00–2:00 pm)
Volunteers age 18 and over: To participate in this event we need you to sign a Participant Agreement Form. It will help with registration the morning of the event, if you can review and sign the forms prior to arrival. Please take a moment to print the forms (below) and bring them with you.
Volunteers under age 18: You must bring the Participant Agreement Form (below), completed by a parent or guardian, to the event. (If your parent/guardian accompanies you to the event, you may complete the forms at the work site.) Unaccompanied minors without a completed and signed form will not be permitted to participate in any activities.