Stand up for the future of service! You have the opportunity to help more youth step forward and serve.
The Senate currently is debating the Serve America Act (S. 277), a bipartisan bill authored by Senator Edward Kennedy and Senator Orin Hatch, that expands and reauthorizes our national service laws. This landmark piece of legislation, if passed, would triple the number of people who can serve in AmeriCorps.
Call your Senator today to let him or her know that strengthening national service is an important tool to help address conservation and environmental concerns on public lands and in our communities. Here is how you can contact your Senator:
- Call the U.S. Capitol at 202-224-3121 and ask for your Senator’s oﬃce
- Explain that you are a resident of the Senator’s home state
- Tell them you are calling to register your strong support for the Serve America Act and you hope your Senator will vote YES to expand service opportunities in America
Your calls are extremely important. Senators track and count the calls in deciding how they will vote on an issue. Please call your Senator today or tomorrow.
For more information about the Service America Act:
- Read a summary of the Serve America Act (PDF)
- Read the release from Senators Mikulski, Kennedy, Hatch, and Enzi
- Let us know that you’ve called your Senators and give us your thoughts by commenting on this blog post
Thank you for voicing your support to expand service opportunities for Americans of all ages!