Rouge Park Mountain Bike Trail, Detroit, MI
Sunday, October 3, 10am-2pm
EVENT RECAP: Event was a huge success with approximately 30 participants from SCA, the Michigan Mountain Bike Association and the Hub (a local community bike shop in Detroit)! The location was at Rouge Park’s Mountain Bike trail, a two-mile loop along the Rouge River in Northwest Detroit. The day ended with trail riding and a yummy cookout!
Participants and volunteers alike commented on the event being well organized. The MMBA folk were especially thankful for the incredibly valuable and challenging work our youth accomplished over the course of the day.
- Securing existing bridge platform
- Build 2 retaining walls to prevent washout and to widen trail
- Rework tread and create drainage solutions
- Deﬁne trail borders and relocate native plantings to block off social trails
- Removal of felled trees and general clean-up