The SCA experience doesn’t end when you finish your term in the field. Across the country, a network of more than 75,000 SCA alumni are carrying on the mission of service and conservation leadership.
- 96% of alumni continue to be involved in conservation or environmental service.
- 95% of alumni report that they continue to use skills developed through SCA in their work, at school, or through volunteerism.
- 94% of alumni continue to recommend the SCA experience to others.
Friendships developed through SCA often last long beyond the end of a crew. Alumni connect to explore the outdoors together, or serve side by side as volunteers in their communties. Frequently, alumni also hire alumni. Whether you are looking to make professional or personal connections in the environmental field, connecting with other SCA alumni can open up a nation-wide network of people who share your interest in protecting the planet. Here are some of the ways you can connect:
Over 20% of SCA members return to serve again. If you have served on a National Crew or Community Crew and are now over age 18, take the next step by applying to a Conservation Internship or a Conservation Corps program. If you have served in SCA’s young adult programs, come back for another internship in a new location, or apply to be a crew leader so that you can guide the next generation of SCA members in conservation work.
If you are an alum working in the conservation field and want to continue to advocate for SCA nationwide, consider applying to join the Alumni Council.
Join the Alumni Community Online
Want to connect with thousands of other SCA alumni across the country? Join SCA’s online community at Conservation-Nation.org.
- Post photos, videos, and blogs about your SCA service, and your latest adventures in conservation. We want to hear what you’ve been up to!
- Join or start groups that connect you with others across the country who share your love of the great outdoors. Search groups by your school, your region, or your area of interest.
- Join or start online forum discussions and live chat sessions to learn how to leverage your experience, take the next step in your career, or simply find new friends.
- Search and connect with SCA members, staff, and future members. This is a great way to expand your professional and personal contacts. Traveling somewhere new? Look to see what SCA members and alumni are up to in the area or invite others to your events.
- Search for Green Job Opportunities
When you’re not blogging on our community site, follow SCA on social media:
Join SCA Alumni in the Field
SCA alumni are active across the country, working to make their communities greener and more sustainable. Join other SCA volunteers at an upcoming service event near you, or participate in SCA’s nationwide initiatives celebrating Earth Day, National Trails Day, or Public Lands Day
Continue the SCA Legacy
Help the next generation of conservation leaders pursue their interests in the environmental field. Recommend SCA to your friends, and consider partnering with SCA to bring members to your organization. Get involved in the SCA alumni community online, where you can serve as an invaluable resource for young people just starting out in the conservation field.
Show your continuing commitment to conservation service by donating to SCA to help support future generations of conservationists.