Conservation came up big in the ARRA of 2009!
- $500 million for training of green-collar workers
- $4 billion for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- $750 million to the National Park Service
- $650 million to the Forest Service
- $515 million for wildfire prevention projects
- $340 million to the Natural Resources Conservation Service for watershed infrastructure projects
- $320 million to the Bureau of Land Management
- $280 million for National Wildlife Refuges
- $280 million for the National Fish Hatchery System
- $200 million for AmeriCorps programs
- $600 million to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
SCA was also mentioned by name in the 407 page bill.
(skip to page 58)
SEC. 702. In carrying out the work for which funds in this title are being made available, the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture shall utilize, where practicable, the Public Lands Corps, Youth Conservation Corps, Student Conservation Association, Job Corps and other related partnerships with Federal, State, local, tribal or non-profit groups that serve young adults.
View all 407 pages of The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (pdf)
Summary on Wikipedia