Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualiﬁed applicants to lead, educate, and inspire youth crews in the SCA Bay Area Community Crew Program, over a 5-6 week period of time in the summer of 2014.
Program locations in the Bay Area include: East Bay, San Francisco, SF Peninsula, and Oakland.
Program Dates: 4-6 week period (TBD) between July 1 – August 30, 2014
- Follow all SCA policies & procedures as required for the position
- Manage budget and necessary purchasing for crew and project
- Manage relationship with agency partner
- Facilitate crew operations: tools & equipment, work schedule, etc.
- Manage all medical and ﬁrst aid aspects
- Communicate with full time SCA ﬁeld staff as required
- Supervise crew members during the work day
- Train & supervise Crew Members in safe and proper tool use
- Organize & lead recreation trip after completion of work project
- Complete required program reporting and documentation
- Be at least 21 years old
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of criminal background check & MVR check within SCA guidelines
- Must possess current First Aid certiﬁcation & CPR by the start of the orientation training.
- Documented experience working with urban youth or young adults (ages 14-18)
- Experience as a teacher or leader in an informal or formal educational environment
- Preferred experience with conservation work skills or related skills, i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening.
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more.
- Attend Mandatory Leader training June 4 – June 13, 2014 OR June 18 – June 27, 2014.
- Must have personal housing arrangements in the Bay Area or surrounding area.
Compensation: Total program salary from $2,645 - $4,025 total salary depending on experience & crew length. Paid Crew Leader Training & Work Skills (travel, food & lodging provided)
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a proﬁle, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email email@example.com and scaBayArea@thesca.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org